December 1, 2020
For the Common Good
Finding the time to step away from the daily pressures of running an organisation in order to think and reflect on the bigger picture is notoriously hard. Some time ago, Scottish Community Alliance secured some resources to enable its members to do just that and each to their own, some deep thinking has duly occurred. One of those who took up the offer was Community Land Scotland who neatly wove together the practical challenges facing community landowners into a manifesto for next year’s election highlighting in particular the interconnectedness of land reform and the climate emergency.
Read Community Land Scotland’s manifesto – Land for the Common Good here
Community Land Scotland’s Manifesto for a Sustainable Scotland Community Land Scotland’s manifesto for the Scottish Parliament Election presents bold and imaginative proposals that place communities’ relationship with land firmly at the heart of Scotland’s journey towards resilience and sustainability.
Collectively they focus on the following interlinked themes:
- Controlling land monopolies to protect the public interest
- Empowering communities to build local resilience
- Tackling the climate emergency while ensuring a just transition to net zero carbon emissions
- Repopulating our rural places to help them thrive
- Developing a fiscal framework for a fair and sustainable Scotland 5 Scotland