January 24, 2023
Blast off for community bond
While the idea of raising capital through a community share issue is relatively commonplace nowadays thanks to the efforts of Community Shares Scotland, another investment mechanism that is not so well known but potentially with even more impact is the Community Bond Offer. The first to be launched by CSS could hardly be more ambitious – a new visitor attraction and education hub themed on flight and space exploration right in the heart of Scotland – Balado Bridge, near Kinross. Aero Space Kinross – another example of a community led visitor attraction (take note SCOTO) about to take off.
We are striving to create a permanent venue for Aero Space Kinross (ASK). Our goal is to purchase, renovate, repurpose and refit the former MOD/NATO Satellite Communications Station at Balado Bridge Kinross into an aerospace discovery centre that will…
- Engage and inspire young people through play-based STEAM related educational activities.
- Provide STEAM graduates with improved career prospects through working in the centre.
- Create c 25 full time jobs at the centre and help sustain the wider local economy.
- Attract 50,000 general public visitors pa.
- Provide a STEAM educational resource for c.10,000 annual school pupil visits.
- Preserve and present local aviation heritage.
- Captivate and inspire visitors of all ages and abilities.
- Foster an inclusive and accessible environment to ensure all visitors can enjoy the centre regardless of background.
- Showcase leading edge developments in the Scottish aerospace sector.
- Display art and cultural exhibitions and the work of aviation related charities.
- Engage volunteers in contributing to the visitor experience.
ASK will be a uniquely themed aerospace discovery centre in the heart of Scotland…an interactive, fun, educational and inspirational experience that will touch individuals from every generation and will attract people from all over the UK and beyond, to this must-see visitor destination.
From the story of man’s mastery and physics of flight to astronomy and all aspects of space exploration, the centre will open hearts and engage minds through awesome flight motion simulation, outstanding exhibits, a fully immersive 3D planetarium, expert presentations on the world of flight, meteorology and space exploration, and much more!
Located just off the M90 near Kinross, one hour’s drive from half of Scotland’s population, this centre for excellence will be accessible to all and offers every child, family and enthusiast an unrivalled personal development opportunity, one that provides hope and inspiration for generations to come.