The Community Learning Exchange offers small pots of funding to support local community groups connect and share peer learning across Scotland. The best way to apply is to think about your learning journey and who to visit – you will be able to access support to make an application through our coalition of national networks and intermediaries. You can also get in touch any time with questions by contacting email@example.com
Before applying – remember that the exchange is unable to fund:
- Delegate fees for conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings etc.
- Travel/attendance at events or the hosting of events
- Training courses, delivery of or attendance
Please read our guidance before applying
Step 1: You have a great idea for an exchange- decide whether this will be virtual or in person.
Virtual – we offer up to £200 to cover the time it takes to plan and deliver your online exchange. Virtual exchanges may take the form of:
- Video calls
- Pre-recorded videos with live Q&A
- Virtual tours
- Other ideas you may have!
In person – The programme funds individual and group visits up to £1000 per exchange, including a fee for the host organisation you’d like to visit.
Step 2: Break down your costs.
- Give us an approximate breakdown of your travel costs- for trains, bus or ferry.
- If you have to use a car or hire a minibus, you should calculate mileage at 45p per mile.
- We offer up to £100 per person per night to cover your accommodation if you have far to travel.
- You can also apply for up to £25 per day for subsistence- this doesn’t include alcoholic drinks.
- Remember to add in a host fee of up to £300 per exchange to allow them to prepare for your visit.
Step 3: Identify which SCA network contact will endorse your application.
- We cannot release your funding without their endorsement.
- A list of the national SCA network members can be found in the ‘About’ section of our website.
- You will also find a drop down list of these in the online application form.
And finally – Apply!
- Once you have submitted your application form, you and the contact you have chosen to endorse your application will receive a copy.
- You will hear back from us within 3 weeks of making an application.
- Successful applicants will be sent an Acceptance of Grant form to be signed by your endorsing contact so we can release the funds to you.
After your Learning Exchange.
- After 2 weeks of your learning exchange taking place – all that’s left to do is to send us your receipts, completed expense sheet, evaluation form and photos- so that we can share your learning across the SCA networks to inspire others!